Thursday, January 19, 2012

Blog Assignment 1

All about Allison Cullars

image
  My parents brought me into the world on November 8th of 1990. I spent eighteen years of my life living in Dadeville, Alabama. I have a older brother named Justin and a younger sister named Kelsey. Thirteen years was spent attending Reeltown High school.  While in high school I was in various clubs, such as Beta Club, Softball, Colorguard, played two instruments in the band, and show choir. In 2009, I graduated fourth in my class. My free time is spent relaxing with a book or with my fiance Collin Fields.

  I am attending USA because the school is rated one of the top in  Alabama. Also, I wanted to be close to my fiance. Nursing was my first choice for a major. I was in the Nursing Program for a semester and just found  that the career  was not meant for me. The reason I chose Elementary Education is because I love children and love making a impact on someone's life.

Randy Pausch: Time Management

  Dr. Pausch taught me to break the tasks down to small steps and  do the most important tasks first.  A plan has to be done on different levels and it is not set in stone. When making a plan, a person should evaluate the possible outcomes of the situation.  He said that  "experience takes time and that there are  no short cuts to perfection."

I learned that Dr. Pausch taught at Carnegi Mellon University. He appeared to be a inspiration to all age groups. Then, on July 25th 2008 he passed away with Pancreatic Cancer.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r0uOaBhHvs&feature=youtu.be

Penn State University: Time Management Exercises and Time Management

 This site informed me of various tips on how to manage my time. The article made me realize that I need to make sure my study area is neat and not have any distractions. I need to study in short sessions and take breaks. When studying I need to concentrate on one subject at a time. Difficult assignments should be done when I am most alert. When I have free time I should spend it wisely. When I make a study plan I should set certain times to complete the tasks.
http://pennstatelearning.psu.edu/resources/study-tips/time-mgt

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to EDM310. This is a test. This comment should be sent to your Gmail account and to edm310comments@gmail.com. Thanks for starting early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, I think it's really cool that you were involved in so much in your high school. I too was involved in different clubs and activities. I played football and baseball and was a member of numerous school organizations and a president of F.C.A. I went to small town school as well. Good luck in your journey in elementary education or nursing if you go back to it. Both would be a great profession.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will watch Dr. Pausch's Last lecture later in the semester. It is especially moving!

    ReplyDelete