Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Blog Post # 13



not being able to use electronic devices

       This activity was actually easier than I thought. I spent my Monday not  using any type of media device or  electronic entertainment. I had two classes during the day and two tests to study for, so it was actually good for me not to use these electronic devices.  I was able to accomplish tasks that I have tried to get done for several days. I was able to cook, clean, and play with my new puppy. I can deal with not being able to use the computer and be on my social media sites. The hardest part for me was not being able to use my cell phone or watch television. My cell phone is pretty much attached to me at all times. I was constantly wondering who was texting me or would I just happened to receive an emergency call. Because I was not able to watch tv, I missed two of my favorite shows. My fiance Collin was actually very supportive. He has a ten page paper to write, so this assignment worked out good for the both of us.

no television



       This activity helped me learn that media devices are not as important as everyone makes them out to be. I  learned that I need to make more time for myself and to relax.  Also, that using  media and electronic devices all the time can not be entirely good for a person's health.  I realized that tv shows have reruns, but time with your family may not.  My students will have to adjust to not using electronic entertainment and media devices all the time. The students will be able to use media devices on some assignments. I will use media devices to teach, but not for every lesson.  My classroom will be a fun learning environment.

1 comment:

  1. One of a very few who made it. But your students may not have a "good day" as a result if taking tests and writing papers

    ReplyDelete